I’m Maiya, and I’m so happy you’re here!
I'm a photographer from Vancouver, BC with a passion for capturing the real stuff; the laughter, the tears, and everything that makes up this life. Ask anyone that knows me, I am constantly chasing the sun. Sunrises, sunsets, and all of the golden goodness are what make my heart sing.
If you were meeting me in person right now (socially distant of course), I would probably have my hair in a messy bun, and be wearing a fleece, leggings, and my trusty Birkenstocks/Blundstones.
So here's the important stuff about me:
- When I'm not behind a camera, I'm also a lifeguard/swim instructor with a special place in my heart for all of the two year old's that hate the water
- I'm an (amateur) hiker and love struggling my way up a mountain
- I'm a BIG lover of tacos and mac & cheese
- I study and I'm passionate about sustainability and Indigenous rights
- If you're ever looking for me in my spare time, I'm either in the pool, sitting in class at SFU, or re-watching Friends or Greys Anatomy for the 18th time!
I'm a big believer in storytelling and I want to help you tell your story, so that you can always go back and remember that moment, exactly how it was.