I’m Maiya (like the month of May), and I’m so happy you’re here!
I'm a year-round ocean swimmer, Tacofino lover, Birkenstock/Blundstone fan, and I will FOREVER be down to hike a mountain, run into an ocean, or wander through a forest!
So here's the important stuff about me:
- When I'm not behind a camera, I'm working towards becoming an elementary school teacher!
- I feel most at home next to the ocean
- I teach swimming lessons and all of my kiddos at the pool call me Miss Mac and Cheese :)
- Like most adventurous Vancouver photographers- you'll usually find me in a Patagonia fleece with Blundestones/Birkenstocks on my feet!
- I studied environmental management and Indigenous studies at SFU
- If you're ever looking for me in my spare time, I'm either swimming in a lake, re-watching Grey's Anatomy, New Girl, or Gilmore Girls for the 18th time or editing in the middle of the night while watching Criminal Minds.
I'm a big believer in storytelling because there's one thing I know for certain- at the end of the day, we live on through memories, stories, and photos. So let's make some photos together that feel like you.