I’m Maiya, and I’m so happy you’re here!
I'm a 20-something-year-old photographer from Vancouver, BC with a passion for love stories. I've been a photographer ever since tenth grade when I picked up my first tiny point and shoot and promptly melted the lens off trying to take an "artsy" photo of a candle.
But I guess that love of light and fire has followed me my entire career. Ask anyone that knows me, I am constantly chasing the sun. Sunrises, sunsets, and all of the golden goodness are what make my heart sing.
So here's the important stuff about me:
- When I'm not behind a camera, I'm working in the non-profit communications and marketing field
- I have made multiple trips to Tofino JUST to eat a Tacofino burrito on the beach during sunset
- You will only ever find me with Birkenstocks/Blundstones on my feet
- I study environment and Indigenous studies at SFU
- If you're ever looking for me in my spare time, I'm either swimming in a lake or re-watching Grey's Anatomy for the 18th time!
I'm a big believer in storytelling because there's one thing I know for certain- at the end of the day, we live on through memories, stories, and photos. So let's make some photos together that feel like you.